• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't change my own photo in contact list?

I've spent hours trying to figure out how to change my photo in the contact list. I have no problem adding contacts and their photos but I'd like to add my own also, so when I'm texting someone it would show my face not just a blank white square. I don't see any way to edit this. I tried adding a photo on my gmail account and it shows up when I log in on a computer but not my phone. I've looked through the manual so many times I've memorized it. What am I missing??

I've spent hours trying to figure out how to change my photo in the contact list. I have no problem adding contacts and their photos but I'd like to add my own also, so when I'm texting someone it would show my face not just a blank white square. I don't see any way to edit this. I tried adding a photo on my gmail account and it shows up when I log in on a computer but not my phone. I've looked through the manual so many times I've memorized it. What am I missing??

Welcome, go to your phone contact list, press the blank picture next to your name, press your name again, then press the settings button and choose edit. Then you can press the blank icon next to your name again, and select a picture from gallery or take a picture.

You can also do the same thing going through the people app.

Reactions: allisonlindsey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones