Can't change notification ringtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. fojae

fojae Member This Topic's Starter

I always create calendar appointments with an alarm. A few days ago I went to Settings/Sound and Display/Notification Ringtone and set it to "on time". Maybe a day or two later I created my own notification ringtone and set it in settings. The ringtone works fine in Astrid and Nudnik. However, the calendar notifications still use the "on time" ringtone. I even tried changing the notification ringtone to "tweeters" but calendar still uses "on time", even after multiple reboots.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

you have to change the notifications in each app. Go to the app and hit the menu button go into settings and change it there. They're all app specific. Took me forever to figure that out.

Braillist and Skitsofrenic like this.
  3. fojae

fojae Member This Topic's Starter

That was the first thing I tried, but the calendar doesn't seem to have a setting for ringtone. I assume that it is written to use the system notification ringtone. Nudnik and Astrid, on the other hand, do allow you to change the notification ringtone, and it works fine with them.

4. alexm2002

alexm2002 Member

I have the same problem with my captivate... Very frustrating!

I installed Nudnik to try and remedy the situation, but it acts goofy. It sets off my new, louder chosen alarm, but is almost immediately silenced by the default "on time" 0.5 sec second nose.

5. Rotellicaster

Rotellicaster New Member

Thanks Jblaze! This was driving me up the wall!!!!!:mad:

You saved the day!

6. Skitsofrenic

Skitsofrenic Member

Woot! Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom. I was getting ticked off from this issue as well but little did I know, it was due to my lack of knowledge of the phone :D