Can't change notification tone

Last Updated:

1. JoHunter

JoHunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hope someone can help me here. I updated the Rom supplied by HTC for Hero's on the orange network. Since I've done the upgrade I can't change the default notification tone. My custom tones show up in the list, I can check to chose the tone but when I receive a text message I still get the 'Ascend' tone, can't even change it to any of the other standard tones that came already on the phone. Anyone else had this problem? If so how do I solve it?

Thanks

Jo

Advertisement
  2. Nyphur

Nyphur Member

Yep I've got the exact same problem - thought I was going mad and just couldnt work out how to change it.

Whats odd is that my incoming message alert can't be changed, yet when I plug my phone in to charge now i get the custome notification tone.

Very odd

3. JoHunter

JoHunter Active Member This Topic's Starter

lmao i feel such an idiot now! Should have thought hard about it before I posted earlier. Just posted my previous post when I suddenly remembered I was trying the wrong menu for changing the text tone. I'd been going through menu/settings/sound & display/notification sound when i should have gone to the messages screen then menu/settings/select sound .... I should have been born blonde instead of a redhead! :eek:

4. schmitt1995

schmitt1995 New Member

Thanks sooo much this is the only thing on the internet that answers that question :)
    p.s. it shows i am blonde doesnt it lol

5. Nedski

Nedski Member

Huge thanks for that Jo :cool: