• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't change the brightness of my screen!

bensgig

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
I go into the display settings and attempt to change the brightness level and it gives me the error: :"the application setttings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.

It is pretty much anything in the display option that won't let me do anything in there to change anything.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

I have the same problem on my android 2.2 tablet. Moreover it also happens when I want to change the volume of the sound. Then same window should pop up but instead I have the application setttings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly in both cases (brightness and volume).

When I select the volume graphic - button from the top bar (where the time (etc) is) the volume window pops up but then the tablet resets its UI !!

Any ideas? I did a factory reset but the problem persists!

Help Help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones