Can't choose Droid Pro or Droid X? :(

1. Zomgalama

Zomgalama New Member

I just can't choose; droid X seems to be calling towards me...
    I just wanna know, which one has better features? Is there anything special other than a physical keyboard I'm gonna get on Droid Pro? ;/

Advertisement
    :
  2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I have the DX, my wife has the Pro. My money is on the DX every time.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I would rather have the large screen over the physical keyboard any day.
  4. apavolka

apavolka Well-Known Member

The dx comes with 8gb internal space for apps and whatnot and a 16gb card. Droid pro, not sure about internal, but it only comes with a 2 gb. But that easily changeable. Other than the keyboard, big much of a difference. If you NEED a keyboard go pro, if not, dx.
  5. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

That keyboard is kind of awkward. At least I thought so. I would go DX.. The screen size tops a physical keyboard everytime.
  6. mel0

mel0 Member

I love keyboards but went with the Droid X, I am happy with my decision thus far!
  7. laurie_lu

laurie_lu Active Member

My brother has the Pro and I have the X. I don't like his tiny little screen and those micro sized keys. I think the Pro is best for those who were Blackberry users moving over to Android. My brother was a long time BB user.
  8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The nice big X.

The Pro is for Blackberry converts/wannabees. :D
  9. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

hmm. choose between a badass phone with lots of power and storage and a 4.3" display OR a similar but lesser phone with a 3.1" display and scrawny blackberry keyboard.

We had a pair of DX here and one got swapped to the Pro. The first Pro died in 4 days due to the speaker crapping out. You could place a call but couldnt hear a damn thing unless you went to the car and connected to it via bluetooth. The replacement for that phone never worked either. Oddly enough, she sports an iphone now. Its boring but it works.
  10. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

New DXs now only come with a 2GB memory card that is expandable up to 32GB. I know, it is a rip-off. A co-worker just bought one and I was shocked.

I would still choose a DX over a Droid Pro anyday. There is no way that I could use a screen with that small of a size. I would go back to my Original Droid first.
  11. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

What???? Are you sure about the 2g card. That will hardly take care of the stock stuff you need on the card.
  12. Caveman419

13. Caveman419

14. MCPO117

MCPO117 Well-Known Member

The Pro has had a lot of issues with the main speaker blowing on them. I manage a Verizon store and out of the 5 I have sold personally 3 have been returned with blow speakers. Not good odds.