• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't choose Droid Pro or Droid X? :(

hmm. choose between a badass phone with lots of power and storage and a 4.3" display OR a similar but lesser phone with a 3.1" display and scrawny blackberry keyboard.

We had a pair of DX here and one got swapped to the Pro. The first Pro died in 4 days due to the speaker crapping out. You could place a call but couldnt hear a damn thing unless you went to the car and connected to it via bluetooth. The replacement for that phone never worked either. Oddly enough, she sports an iphone now. Its boring but it works.

Upvote 0
The dx comes with 8gb internal space for apps and whatnot and a 16gb card. Droid pro, not sure about internal, but it only comes with a 2 gb. But that easily changeable. Other than the keyboard, big much of a difference. If you NEED a keyboard go pro, if not, dx.

New DXs now only come with a 2GB memory card that is expandable up to 32GB. I know, it is a rip-off. A co-worker just bought one and I was shocked.

I would still choose a DX over a Droid Pro anyday. There is no way that I could use a screen with that small of a size. I would go back to my Original Droid first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones