• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant clea cache on some apps

Hey guys,

I have a couple apps I have noticed when I open a file it must cache the file internally, but gives me no way to clear. For example Zumodrive and repligo reader both will show 20+mb in my settings, but clear cache is greyed out and shows 0mb. However when I delete these apps and reinstall them, I get all that internal memory back. Any ideas?

I am running a rooted Nexus One.

Hey guys,

I have a couple apps I have noticed when I open a file it must cache the file internally, but gives me no way to clear. For example Zumodrive and repligo reader both will show 20+mb in my settings, but clear cache is greyed out and shows 0mb. However when I delete these apps and reinstall them, I get all that internal memory back. Any ideas?

I am running a rooted Nexus One.

Have you tried some of the apps like Cachemate? For me get the job done on a rooted phone. Just use them prudently as some apps (example: Google Maps) behave badly when their caches as messed with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones