Can't clear voice message notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Flmgo

Flmgo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my wife's Droid X, the status bar indicates that she has a voice message. After logging into her message box and clearing all voice messages, the status indicator never goes away. Any idea how to clear this out? It's been there for a few days now. I've tried powering down and removing the battery. We are on Verizon if that matters.

Advertisement
  2. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Have you tried pulling the status bar down (with a swipe move) and hitting the clear button at the top? That might do it.

3. Flmgo

Thanks for the prompt reply. I can pull down the status bar, but I don't see a clear button anywhere. I'm guessing because there really isn't a message.

4. 2horses

Hmmm............ other than calling voice mail again and making sure there are no pending vm, my next move would be to call Verizon and get them to check your voicemailbox. Sounds like something may just be hung on their end.

Flmgo likes this.
  5. Flmgo

I'll try that next. Thanks

6. 2horses

Good luck!

7. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

had this issue a while ago on my D1.....
    i had a verizon vm....but was using google voice for my vm.....had to disable my google vm, call into my verizon vm, clear it, and all was solved

hope this helps

8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Welcome to Verizon. I call them "ghost messages". Had them a few times over the years. Not a lot but they are annoying. Verizon can clear them out for you. They seem to come in bunches. Nothing for six months to a year and then 2-3 of them over a span of a week. It's strange. But Verizon has cleared them up for me every time.

9. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Just had the same issue using GV as my vm box. I went into Menu>settings>call and selected clear notifications.

Problem solved.

10. superpayton

superpayton New Member

Ok. Here's what you do. Have someone call your voicemail and leave you a message. Then simply check the message and delete it. Once you do that. the "notification icon" will disappear. :) I swear this was simple. Good luck and feel free to leave feedback. :)

11. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Ghost messages are just a part of Verizon. They seem to crop up every now and then. Haven't had one in a long time. All this means is since I mentioned it, I will get one tomorrow.
    I always called 611 and had them clear it out.