Can't click buttons when browsingSupport

Last Updated:

1. johndoe11

johndoe11 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Question.. For some reason, I am having trouble click on buttons when browsing.

For example, if I type a post on the facebook mobile web site.
    And click "post" the buttons becomes gren like I have clicked on it but nothing happens!
    This is also the case with other pages with clickable buttons.

Turning the power on and off, seems to work for a bit, but then it happens again. Any ideas?

I couldn't seem to find anyone having these issues for some reason and it's very annoying because I can't make any posts on Facebook this way.

Clicking on an actual link works just fine, however.

Advertisement
  2. thaprinze

thaprinze Well-Known Member

This happens to me too sometimes. I'm not sure why, but next time, just double tap the link. The browser will zoom in a little, then if you click the link again it'll work. Annoying, I know, but it's better that restarting the phone.

3. cferd

cferd New Member

Hello,

I just got my EVO a couple days ago. I registered here for this same reason, hoping someone can provide an answer.

@thaprinze, I tried the double tap thing and it doesn't work for me. I'm still messing with it. Maybe it's some setting we missed.

4. johndoe11

johndoe11 Member This Topic's Starter

Guys, any word on this yet?
    I'm surprised that everyone isn't complaining about this. I mean it's guaranteed to happen several times during the day, especially with Facebook when clicking the "post" button... Just nothing happens...

I installed dolphin HD, and I get the SAME thing!

5. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Bump. I just started experiencing this problem. Search buttons, download buttons, etc. They turn green, I get the "click" sound, and nothing happens.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Are you using a screen protector? As my screen protectors get older...the screen does not recognize the difference between long presses and "light presses"

I.E. selecting/pressing a button on the screen vs just wanting to move the screen or zoom.

Also...the facebook specific issue I have to assume is an issue on Facebook's end...I have had the issue hit or miss with every interweb capable phone I have owned.

7. IrishPilot

I am, however it recognizes all my other clicks properly. I just have problems with things like "quick links", "search" etc on forums and on things of the like.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

It sounds like the same problem I have when grease/oils are on my screen protector....

I even have the issue in gmail when trying to click "show pictures"

In my case cleaning the screen protector works for a while...then I replace it.

There are a few instances (like facebook) that the issue is just about ALWAYS there...in those cases I have just come to the conclusion that the website does not recognize the "click"

Today I had the opposit happen on facebook...it recognizes the click and action occurs, but there was no green highlight of the button

9. IrishPilot

Even now on this forum, reply works but search...quicklinks...etc do nothing when i clicl them. They turn green, but nada.