Can't close the home screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Help, since the OTA I can't close the home screen and make the phone sleep..

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Do you mean put it to sleep with the power/end button?

If you have Spare parts, try messing around with the "end button behavior" setting. If that doesn't work, uninstall it. If you don't have Spare parts, try installing it and see if that setting will help.

FWIW, my end button works normally. I did do a factory reset after the OTA, but I also think it was working correctly before I did the reset...

Sorry if I misunderstood your question, but you didn't give much detail. And also, there is a dedicated 2.1 OTA bugs/issues thread. Please don't make new threads for topics that already have a dedicated thread. Good luck!

Blizzard likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I've seen a few reports of loss of "sleep" functionality in the end button following installation of the OTA.

Most obviously have not had this issue.

One user found it resolved "on its own" after using the device for a while including trying battery pulls and reboots several times, but lost track of which procedure caused the return of "sleep" functionality.

The factory reset is another option, and seems viable given the short time since the OTA installation; that's what I'd try if rebooting multiple times and battery pull yielded no results.

Blizzard likes this.
  4. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Battery pull did not work. I loaded Spare Parts and changed the end button setting and now it goes to sleep. You guys are the best !!. Thanks again !!

5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Nice, thank you! This was the one problem that came up for me after the update. I could NOT get it to go to sleep. Big problem, as I couldn't confidently put it in my pocket until it went to sleep.

I had Spare Parts on my phone before the update, and thought that it might be causing the problem as the End Button Behavior says it's for 1.5 only. So I tried switching what I was using (press once for Home, then sleep) to OFF. But this didn't fix it. So I uninstalled Spare Parts, and this didn't fix it either.

But I just reinstalled Spare Parts and switched it to 'Go to Sleep' and now it finally works again. Choosing 'Home, then Sleep' does not work, which may have been my problem. Wish it did work, though, as this was handy. But I'll be OK with just having the default functionality back.

Hope this helps someone else.

6. spiller37

spiller37 New Member

I was having the exact same issue. I had totally forgot that I had changed a setting in spare parts. After changing the end button behavior back to the default everything is working fine now. Thanks again for pointing out the spare parts setting.