Can't complete Install of Adobe FlashSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mendopaul

Mendopaul New Member

I got my wife an ASUS Transformer Pad 300 and I'm setting it up for her. I've got 25 years experience in Windows but I'm totally new to Android. The tablet is very impressive, light and easy to handle. Great display as far as I can tell. But the browser installation is incomplete because Flash needs to get installed. The install process hangs up at the end when it asks for an "alternative email address" in case you lose passwords in the future, and at the same time you're asked to pick a question out of list of 4 for password recovery in the future. The process stalls at this point and nothing will advance if you provide the address and try and pick the question to answer. It's hard to describe this problem but the unti hangs up at this final point in the Flash installation. Anybody else with this problem? Thanks for any help with this.

Advertisement
  2. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

It seems like you're trying to install flash from the Adobe website? Using a linux install package maybe? Not sure what all the prompts and questions are or where they're coming from.

You should be downloading Flash right from the Play Store. This won't ask you for any of that stuff. It'll just install and you'll have flash in the stock browser.

Here's a link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZG9iZS5mbGFzaHBsYXllciJd

If it asks you if you want to open in a browser or with the Play Store (Or Android Market, if you haven't got that update yet) go with the Store/Market. Easier that way.
    Mendopaul likes this.
  3. Mendopaul

Mendopaul New Member

That did the trick! Thanks for that tip. I was following the chain of pages that came up as we were setting up the browser and it was pretty confusing.