• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant completely uninstall PDAnet

xmetl

May 12, 2010
so i downloaded the application pdanet on my phone and my computer, but i decided i didnt want it anymore so i uninstalled it on my droid and then i uninstalled it on my computer, but when click on my internet connections (on my computer not my phone) it still shows "PdaNet Modem" in my list of internet connections, but uninstalled pdanet, how do i make this go away because its really annoying.

Does PDANet install itself as a "hardware" item? If so, go to Device Manager and delete the "modem".

Perhaps also go to your Network Connections settings and see if there is anything related to delete there.

Network Connection - Delete - Vista Forums

theres no modem in my device manager here. i am thinking of just doing a system restore to get rid off it because i dont see any other way, btw when i try connecting it i just get a error so its just pointless and i REALLY want to get rid of it. also i am running windows 7 if that makes any difference?

Upvote 0
Hi,

A system restore is not needed.
Just go to "Control Panel / Network and Internet Connections / Network Connections and delete the "pdanet" connection.
Confirmation prompt and... pdanet is finally gone :)

Good luck

Yep do that. No need to worry, the program uninstalled completely. All thats left over are the connection settings, which can easily be removed by doing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones