• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't connect computer to fascinate wireless tether

seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
I downloaded wireless tether, the newest version and the two previous versions. I install the apk using the fascinates file manager. The program appears to run fine on the phone, and says 0.4kb download and .1kb upload.
I've used two different laptops, one with windows 7, and one with XP to try to connect to the phone. I can find AndroidTether as an available network for both computers. However, when I click to connect, both computers cannot connect. When I perform a diagnostic test, windows reports there is a problem with the access point, but cannot fix it.

Please help me. I am rooted. 100% positive. I did a search and found people with a similar problem on the Incredible, but the solutions present in that forum did not help me.

just a couple things to check:
when you click 'start tethering' does a message pop-up saying that the program was granted superuser permission?
secondly, does the 3g icon show up in your status bar?
is access control enabled, or disabled?

When I first started the program it asked for and I granted and clicked remember permission.
Definitely had 3g.
Access control was disabled. At one point I tried enabling it, but didn't know what to do afterwards because I think enabling it alone did not solve my problem.

Also, on the market, it states that a prereq for wireless tether is a netfilter-enabled kernel. Not sure exactly what that means. I have a rooted SF, with stock kernel. I'm assuming that stock kernel is able to use the app since one can pay verizon to use their SF as a wifi source. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

To be more specific, I used these three versions: wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9, pre11, and pre12.apk's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones