Can't connect Magic to HTCSyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bascy

Bascy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to update my HTC magic (Vodaphone) but running into troubles connecting it to my Vista Laptop.

I Installed the latest version of HTCsync, and its running.
    When i connect my phone with USB, windows i detecting it, but HTC sync doesnt seem to connect to it. When i try to start the update executable (RUU_Sapphire_Vodafone_NL_1.91.172.1_DRC92_signed_NoDriver.exe) it ends (after some other screens, and following them to the letter) with the error 107 - USB-connection error.

The magic is not rooted, contains Android 1.6, buildnr DRC92

Can anybody help?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Bacsy :)

I have the same issue and the reason is, Vodafone HTC Magics are simply not compatible with HTC Sync. Only HTC Branded phones are.

Hope this helps

Carl

3. Bascy

Ok .. that explains it

But is there an other way of updating it then? The new image is specifically intended for the Vodaphone-branded version!

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

At the moment, there is not a way I know of. However, I have an idea that if some devs get there hand on the file, and if they can turn it into a "update.zip" file you could manually install it without the need for root either :)

5. Bascy

i don't understand why there would be a vodaphone specific update .... that you can't install?

6. MatsN

MatsN Member

You may already have tried this but the installation notes for HTC sync states:

"After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap