Can't connect MyTouch 3g

Last Updated:

1. kanthony39us

kanthony39us New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everybody-

I just got my invite for the app inventor but I did something that I'm not sure how to correct. At the point when you open blocks editor it could not connect to my phone so it asked for the path to the adb file. I put the wrong path in but it took it and still did not connect. Now I cannot get that screen to come back up to put the correct path in so it can connect to my phone. Please somebody give me some advice on what to do.

P.S I tried uninstalling and reinstalling app inventor and I still cannot get to the screen in blocks editor to put the correct path in.

Advertisement
  2. djvorac

djvorac Member

On that same page, look in the Tip section. #4:

App Inventor will become confused if, in the step above, you enter the name of a path that exists on your computer but is not the adb program -- for example, if you enter just the directory name without adb or adb.exe. App Inventor will now keep trying to use this "bad" path as a place to find adb. One way to fix this is to temporarily rename the file or directory at the path you entered, so that App Inventor won't find something at that path. That will make App Inventor forget the bad path it is using. Then you can undo the name change, restart the Block Editor, and enter the correct place for it to look.

I just added an S onto the "Commands-for-Appinventor" file, save, then re-open Blocks editor. It will get back to asking for the path. Remove the S and re-enter the path and add the highlighted: "....\commands-for-Appinventor\adb.exe"

jayDInc likes this.