Cant Connect Samsung galaxy s to samsung kies in kies modeSupport

Last Updated: 2012-03-18 14:09:53
  1. minuti76000

minuti76000 New Member

basically ive been trying to connect to samsung kies on my phone so i can update the firmware to 2.2 and i keep trying and trying when i connect my phone to my pc it only recognises my phone in mass storage mode but when i press samsung kies mode nothing happens kies wont even start up automatically when i have the setting checked to startup when connected :confused::confused::confused:

any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You don't want it to start up when connected.

Connect in KIEs mode with KIEs closed down on your PC. Wait for the SD cards to appear in My Computer. Then start up KIEs. It might work.

KIEs is a horrible piece of software. A lot of times it is just hit and miss.
  3. minuti76000

minuti76000 New Member

when i connect my phone nothing happens unless in mass storage mode i just want to connect it to kies so i can get the firmware upgrade
  4. bonehead1982

bonehead1982 New Member

hope someone can help. im trying to update my firmware it gets to 21% and stops. i tried doing the emergency recovery and it does the same thing. my phone wont turn on it just has a black screen with a phone and a computer on it. when i try it in recovery mode it has a picture of an alien and says downloading do not turn of target. i dont no what to try now and cant use my phone at all! please help
  5. breedsey

breedsey New Member

6. minuti76000

minuti76000 New Member

hmmm ive managed to get it connected but now its saying

Model Name : GT-I9000
    Current Version : PDA:JF4 / PHONE:JF3
    This Devices version cannot be updated

what's this meant to mean that i can't update the firmware or something?
  7. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Are you using the newest version of KIEs?
  8. arun455p

arun455p New Member

even am getting the blank screen with phone and computer so how did the problem solved
  9. wwwwww717

wwwwww717 New Member

any update of gingerbread for galaxy sl 9003...please some one help....
  10. brindall

brindall Active Member

How do i actually put my phone into kies mode?
  11. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

I dont know. How do you actually put your phone into kies mode?
  12. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

|Sorry
  13. hoodinki

hoodinki New Member

First of all, you should have Kies Mini installed on your PC, not regular Kies. On your Galaxy S phone, enter menu/settings/applications/USB settings/Samsung Kies. Under Development/USB debugging should be checked. Put the phone into hibernation by touching power button briefly, then plug in USB cable for Kies firmware update.