• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant Connect to camera (root fail)

Hello, i failed to root my phone i followed the instructions and now when i went to use my camera it said cannot connect to camera. I've rebooted my phone, turned it of then on, and i also went in FTM mode then restarted. I really would appreciate it if i could get a answer. thanks.:thinking::thinking:

Hello, i failed to root my phone i followed the instructions and now when i went to use my camera it said cannot connect to camera. I've rebooted my phone, turned it of then on, and i also went in FTM mode then restarted. I really would appreciate it if i could get a answer. thanks.:thinking::thinking:

I had the same problem when I rooted mine. The first time, the camera won't connect. I went through the root instructions again, and the camera came back, but the video was flaky and a red border kept flashing around the edge of the screen. So I decided to start over and do the factory restore. Once it rebooted, the camera still worked, the video problem went away, and for some strange reason, it stayed rooted! I had to reinstall some apps, but all is good now. I love this phone so far!!!:D

Upvote 0
I had the same problem when I rooted mine. The first time, the camera won't connect. I went through the root instructions again, and the camera came back, but the video was flaky and a red border kept flashing around the edge of the screen. So I decided to start over and do the factory restore. Once it rebooted, the camera still worked, the video problem went away, and for some strange reason, it stayed rooted! I had to reinstall some apps, but all is good now. I love this phone so far!!!:D

But is there a way to fix this problem? If there isn't ill just go to the metro store and just have them fix it there then.:(:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones