Can't connect to computerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. incredible_addict

incredible_addict Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay... I know a smart phone is only as smart as the user.... but...
    I can' connect to my computer. I get a message that the software could not be found when I plug into the usb port...:confused:

anyone else have this problem? I did a search on the inc. thread and couldn't come up with anything :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

Windows?
    95? 98? 2k? xp? vista? 7? 32bit? 64bit?

Mac?

3. incredible_addict

Windows 7 64 bit

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Well-Known Member

Are you checking the drop down menu on the Incredible? There should be a note in there for you to mount the phone as a hard disk drive (or something to that effect).

Also, this *might* help. Make sure the usb cable is connected to a usb port on the mobo and not an auxillary usb port on your computer case.

incredible_addict likes this.
  5. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

6. incredible_addict

Okay... duh... that worked, but now I put them on the sd card and cant find them from the phone. When I look in ringtones they are not there... can't believe this was easier on the tour. :eek:

7. rsjet

rsjet Well-Known Member

I found this on the HTC forums written by some guy named "PapaWhisky" lol. It worked perfectly for me and my incredible on Win7 64bit.

Plug in the Incredible to your PC--it will search for drivers and won't find any.
    Your phone will display several options after plugging it in. Choose "Mount as drive."
    A folder will pop up on your PC and you will find the HTC Sync program there. Run this .exe file. It will ask you to disable your antivirus program--you will have to search how to temporarily disable your particular program.
    After installing the HTC Sync program, unplug your phone and plug in again. Your PC will now find the correct drivers and connect to your phone (also, choose the sync option this time on your phone.)
    Go into settings and tell the sync program what you want synced.
    Sync.

8. incredible_addict

I was able to connect with the first suggestions. I am not really trying to sync right now... just want to put ring tones mp3's on my sd card. I copied them to the card, but can't find them on the phone. I have tried t put them in media and also into audio but no luck. They do not show up when I go to sounds and settings, phone ringtones. I am sure this is something really simple that I am not getting but.... my phone is not going to be smart until I am. :mad:

9. incredible_addict

I finally got it... If anyone else needs to know, you have to set it from the music ap.

Thanks for the help all.