Can't connect to gmailSupport

1. catalin245

catalin245 New Member

Hy , i have a problem with my Lg ,i can't connect (or create) to G-mail. When i try to connect appears :
    "Can't establish a realiable data connection to the server.
    This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues, call Customer Care. "
    My phone is LG gt 540 , android 2.1
    Can help me somewone pls ?

Advertisement
    :
    igwe likes this.
  2. Delsus

Delsus Well-Known Member

Seems like a data problem, are you connecting over Wifi or 3g? do you have a 3g signal? in settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks is mobile data enabled? if you are using 3g do you have a data included in your tariff? (if not some carriers could reject data access to save you money.)
  3. catalin245

catalin245 New Member

I try connect Wifi and 3g , but i have same problem (Wifi low semnal...) I don't know my mobile data is enable and yes, i have data in my tariff (unlimited). Youtube, Facebook, Google (search) , all work , but i can't log on to G-mail
  4. Delsus

Delsus Well-Known Member

Gmail uses your google account, so if you have your phone connected to your google account it should sync automatically, you might want to check your google account is set to sync automatically.

Is it paticularly saying its not logging in, check market and other gapps, if it logs in it must be a sync problem.
  5. californiakid

californiakid New Member

I found a solution that worked for me. I turned off 2-step verification in my gmail account and was able to log into my gmail account on my android phone. I almost jumped up and down! Hope that this helps somebody out there.
  6. aserahmad

aserahmad New Member

You don't have to cancel your 2-step verification. You only need to define an application-specific password. This is a password that is used only for some applications, including android 2.3 and earlier versions.
    Page link: https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens (you will be asked to confirm your password, first).