1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't Connect To Home WIFISupport

1. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

I have always been able to connect to any public wifi with no problems. At home I am unable to connect. I have Knology internet service with the Knology provided modem connected to a desk top Mac. For some reason Knology does not provide wireless routers so I purchased a Trendnet modem at Comp USA. I had no problem hooking it up and got an instant connection with my Dell laptop. When I turn the wifi on my Samsung GS2 phone I get the security sign on and it starts scanning. Then it says disconnected, then scanning, then disconnected and so on. any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Typical problem with android devices. Reset your modemn and router. If problem still exist then download wifi fixer from the market. If the problem is still there then back up your data and do a factory reset.
  3. mrcminnesota

mrcminnesota Active Member

agree with JayC although I would just do the factory reset (holding power button and volume up button at the same time) after you reset your modem if that doesn't fix the issue. Never tried the market app but did have initial problems with WiFi and did the factory reset which fixed the issue.
  4. rivercat123

I tried resetting the modem and then went through all the settings, however I didn't change any of them, and now the phone will connect. I guess resetting the modem did the trick. Thanks.
  5. marant

marant Member

Had the same problem with my new Touch: would not find an ip address. Unplugged modem and router for 5 minutes, now the phone connects. Will have to wait and see if this is a recurring problem or not.
  6. rivercat123

It's been a week now and the phone still connects to the home wifi ok.
  7. marant

marant Member

I have the same problem and seem to need to reset the router daily in order to log on. Would sure like to find a fix, since it is a PITA to have to do it all the time.
  8. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

I have the same issue and had this with my EVO 4g also, now my Epic 4G touch is doing the same thing, just says obtaining IP address then disconnects, then it rescans to obtain ip address then disconnects again

ill try to reset my modem as suggest above to see if that works, hope a fix comes in a future update