• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Connect To Mobile Network

This afternoon my phone lost connection to the 3G network. I've checked the settings and everything is turned on, the 3G symbol even appears at the top of the phone, but for some reason when I try to use the internet the browser tells me it can't connect.

I've tried turning 3G on and off, I tried resetting the phone, I checked to make sure the phone wasn't in airplane mode.

Anyone have this problem or know what to do about this?

It sounds like you've done everything on your part so far. When you say you "Reset" the phone, do you mean you did a factory reset or did you turn the phone on and off? If you rebooted, you might wanna try a factory reset and see if that helps. If not, I would take it back to the store. I lose 3G signal on mine from time to time but it isn't for more than a few minutes before it connects itself back to the network.

If it's a virgin mobile phone like mine, you might also wanna go through the activation process again. It's already activated, but it will force it to try and find the Mobile Network again. Worth a shot! Let us know what happens! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones