Can't connect to PC - Help pleaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zpants

zpants Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,
    This forum was so helpful to me with my last problem, I figured I would ask again.

I'm on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP that's about 3 years old. Originally when I plugged it in, not knowing any better, I allowed it to "search for drivers." It has now decided that my phone is an HTC Dream and says "your hardware is working properly."

But I can't see the drive anywhere in explorer. and yes, I did "mount" it from the phone. It charges the phone but I can't find it on my computer. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting, but when I hooked the phone back up it just recognized it as a Dream again and disappeared.

Please help, thanks a lot.

Laura

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Go into Settings> Applications > Development and look to see if USB debugging is checked.

3. zpants

zpants Member This Topic's Starter

Unbelievable. Worked immediately.

Thank you!

4. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it shows up in the Device Manager, which would probably be the easiest way to uninstall the driver

How good are you with the registry? You could go to hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\enum\usb and find the USB key associated with the device and delete the keys. But if you have messed with it before, I would say leave the registry alone

[edit] Or that, too slow!

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

:D You are most welcome.

Glad it is working.