Can't Connect to PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. PlayMadness

PlayMadness New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought my Droid today, and I plugged it in to my PC (Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit), and added a single music file, to see if I was doing it right.

It worked, and I ejected the phone. After several seconds, I reconnected the phone, but when I drag down the notification panel and touch "USB Connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer," and select "mount," my phone instantly jumps from "Turn off USB storage" to "USB Connected," and I have to do it again. No matter how many times I go through this cycle, it never actually connects to my PC anymore.

Any way to fix this? I just bought it today :(

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Could be an issue with not removing/unmounting the device properly before you unplugged it? Did you try restarting the computer?

3. PlayMadness

I haven't tried restarting the computer, but I did restart the Droid. I know I ejected the phone correctly. I will try that.

4. PlayMadness

I restarted the computer, as well as removing the battery from the phone (after shutting it down), and rebooting the phone. Now, when I press "mount," it works for approximately 15 seconds before automatically disconnecting.

5. nstallion

Have you tried it on another computer? You need to isolate the problem either to the computer or to the Droid.

6. PlayMadness

I won't be able to check on another computer for a few days at least. I managed to get it to work once by putting it into USB debug mode, but now it doesn't matter if it's in debug mode or not, it immediately disconnects when I press "mount."

7. nstallion

8. yomae314

yomae314 New Member

I'm having the same problem, and I'm also running Windows 7 64 bit. I tried DLing the new drivers, but it will still connect for a few seconds at most, then disconnect.
    I did not dismount it the first time I removed it from the computer, but before I even connected it to the computer, it had the dismount option in settings (I thought it was to physically remove the card).
    I am taking my phone to school to see if it's the phone or the computer. The technician said it should work with Windows 7 (I had explicitly asked).

9. yomae314

yomae314 New Member

I just successfully transferred my pictures over using the school computers.
    This leads me to believe the problem is within the Windows 7 64 bit OS.
    The school computers are running XP with service pack 3 32 bit.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Those of you having issues with mounting, try enabling USB debugging.

Settings --> Applications --> Development --> enable USB Debugging