Cant connect to router.

1. recoverygeek

recoverygeek New Member

My neice has an Android phone from Metro PCS. I tried to connect her to the internet using my wireless router.

My issue is that when I enter my routers password, below the password field is "cancel" and "connect". The connect button does not highlight giving me the option to click it to connect.

I only know that the phone is new and she said she does not have a manual to help me troubleshoot this problem.

I will be more than willing to try and answer any questions that may help resolve this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Advertisement
    :
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Which phone is it?
    twogbsd likes this.
  3. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Sounds to me you are connecting to a WPA2 router and are not entering the password correctly. Like sammyz said, what phone is it?
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, recoverygeek. It is highly likely password related, as the "connect" button will enable once the correct number of letters/numerals show up in the password text field. So, either you're entering a partial password/key because of the differences between WEP and WPA2 encryption in the targeted router, or the password/key provided to you is short a digit or two (or three or whatever ;)).

Could be other issues, such as MAC address blocking, etc, but less likely than the WEP/WPA2 digit issue.