Cant connect to router.

1. recoverygeek

recoverygeek New Member

My neice has an Android phone from Metro PCS. I tried to connect her to the internet using my wireless router.

My issue is that when I enter my routers password, below the password field is "cancel" and "connect". The connect button does not highlight giving me the option to click it to connect.

I only know that the phone is new and she said she does not have a manual to help me troubleshoot this problem.

I will be more than willing to try and answer any questions that may help resolve this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Which phone is it?
    twogbsd likes this.
  3. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Sounds to me you are connecting to a WPA2 router and are not entering the password correctly. Like sammyz said, what phone is it?
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, recoverygeek. It is highly likely password related, as the "connect" button will enable once the correct number of letters/numerals show up in the password text field. So, either you're entering a partial password/key because of the differences between WEP and WPA2 encryption in the targeted router, or the password/key provided to you is short a digit or two (or three or whatever ;)).

Could be other issues, such as MAC address blocking, etc, but less likely than the WEP/WPA2 digit issue.