• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Can't connect to wifi/ prevention information help!

Thanks Atma. im having the exact same problem. hope it fixes it. :D

Welcome to the forum King. :hello:

I know its a pain. I think when it happened to me, I restored a rooted nandroid backup I had of the original build. I went to recovery and did a factory reset, then used Odin to install the new build again and it was working ok. So you may need to go back to the first build, factory reset and install the new one.

Upvote 0
You can try a factory reset and see if that works, or try a factory reset and Odin the update again or just leave it since you already have the update.

Sorry, let me rephrase that. I misread your post. If you have MDB, then try a factory reset in the stock recovery and then Odin MDL and see if that clears everything up.

Upvote 0
Sorry King. I don't know why I was able to get mine to work and other people are having such a problem. I can only think of one other thing to try.

If you're on the MDB build, use Odin and install TWRP. Reboot into TWRP recovery. Select Wipe. Then select Advanced. Check the boxes for wiping cache, dalvik cache, system and data. Swipe to wipe. Then back in the main wipe menu, swipe to do a factory reset. Now power off your phone, start Odin, put your phone in Odin mode and install the new MDL update.

Upvote 0
did that, and still. same thing. I dont get it. When i had the S3 with Metro before i moved to t mobile, I did the same thing, and it went back to stock perfectly. i could update ota. but now, i cant no matter what i do...

Ok, something else you can try if you want to. Install the MDL update and use the instructions for rooting it. An option besides using the http://batakang.com/ftp/SGH-M919/ROOT_M919UVUAMDL.zipROOT_M919UVUAMDL.zip file he has listed is to install this kernel. If the root file doesn't do it, the kernel fixes the problem with no wifi. Then you can either stay rooted like that or try installing the stock MDL again and see if it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones