1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't connect to WiFiTips

1. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

So I no longer use the Huawei Ascend phone.. There is no service on it. Unless I connect through WiFi.. But, its not letting me do it. I try to connect through MetroPCS Easy Wifi. I go to turn the WiFi option on, but nothing happens. No hotspots are loading up, at all. I can see that I click on the "turn on" option, but it doesnt even check the box.. What is going on? (the phone is on stock 2.1, no root or nothing)

Advertisement
    :
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Skip the METRO PCS EASY WI-FI & just go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORKS.
    Turn on WI-FI>WI-FI SETTINGS>MENU>SCAN & select the WI-FI spot that you're trying to connect to.
  3. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I tried doing that too, once I couldn't get on through MetroPCS wifi. As for the "Scan" part, its there, if I hit the menu key, but its not clickable, for some reason. I can see it, but its not bold. The word "scan", is invincible, almost :/
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If you are within WI-FI range @ home,you may need to re-set your router.Otherwise,I don't know why the SCAN button would be 'grayed out'.
    If you're @ a public WI-FI spot,such as STARBUCKS,open up your browser & click the box agreeing to the 'Terms of use' & then attempt to use WI-FI.
    Otherwise,I'm at a loss as to why you cannot connect to WI-FI.Anyone out there w/suggestions,feel free to chime in.
  5. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I figured it out. The problem started when I downloaded Wireless Tether, from the Market.. But I had it on my phone before, and was like "This can't be the problem".. So I decided to uninstall Wireless Tether, to see if it helped, and it actually did o_O. For some reason, that app, wasn't letting me get on WiFi. Kinda strange. Thanks for the response tho :)