1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't connect to wifiSupport

1. Menymo

Menymo Member

Hello, I bought used 8800pro, the seller told me that he upgrade it to version 2.35 but he is not sure if he did it correct...When check the phone was working and all was fine, but I did not check wifi. At home whenever I try to connect to wifi it shows : fail. It does not show list of net at all. I even restore factory , but nothing is helping. I can connect to internet by the local GSM supplier. Do I have to reinstall android and maybe straight to 4.0 icecream version? if yes, how to do it? :confused:Thank!

Advertisement
    :
  2. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Hi Menymo, I would suggest you check with the supplier whether he used the correct Upgrade. ie; U8800Pro upgrade.
    You have to be very careful when selecting the upgrades from Huawei to ensure you get the correct one. Cheers Neil.
  3. Menymo

Menymo Member

Hi, thanks you for the answer. The question is what to do now in such case? To reinstall OS? In general when doing upgrade, how to know which is the correct version?
  4. Menymo

Menymo Member

Dear Cheers, thank you very much! Meny
  5. nu2andy

Hi Menymo, Just some more info re-connecting to Wifi. This is from the u8800 X5 User Manual.

7 Getting Connected
    7.1 GPRS/3G
    Your mobile phone will be automatically configured to use your wireless service provider
    Menymo likes this.
  6. Menymo

Menymo Member

Dear Neil, your answer was very helpful, thanks and wish you nice weekend!
  7. Menymo

Menymo Member

Hi Neil, seems that problem is big...I was told today that my phone could not be fixed. The GSM provider change me the phone to the new Sony Xperia J, hope with this one I wount have problem. .. In any case a lot of thanks for your suport :)
  8. nu2andy

Hi Menymo, Hope you have it all sorted now with a new phone. Merry Xmas. Neil.
  9. Menymo

Menymo Member

Hi Neil, you won't belive it...I received the new Sony xperia J yestreday evening, I went home, turn it on and start following the setup guide...while doing it after about 3 minutes the phone shuts down and whatever I did, it did not turn on again...I went on same evening to the service - and imagine - the technician said that the phone is dead and I will have to come next week and get another phone... :) By the way when I was following the setup guide I had inside the sony SD micro card of 1 GB that I took from my old samsung U600 in order to check how it working with music, is this can be the reason for the failure of the sony? ..and last question....I have few SD micro cards of 1GB, that i used before on Nokia and samsung. Can i use them with other OS such android or need to format them before using? Can I use SD card or I must use SDHC card only? thanks, Meny
  10. nu2andy

Hi Menymo, you're having bad luck with phones. I hope your Techo supplies you with a good phone next week.

In answer to your question regarding Micro SD card inserted in the phone - I don't see any reason why it would cause the phone to pack up. The only way to insert the Micro SD / SDHC card is to switch off the phone before installing.
    If you inserted the card when the phone was switched on - there is a chance the info on the card would be wiped or a load surge could shut the phone down.

Micro SD cards can usually be inter-changed between phones without problem. The Android system works on Linux so they should be compatible.

If you want to Format your cards, it's better to do so with the card in the phone > Scroll through the Settings > Memory (or SD card) > Options > Locate Format and click to select.
    On my Huawei U8800, I Dial *#*#2846759#*#* > ProjectMenu > Background Setting > and #7 SD card > Format SD card.

You can Format the SD card in your computer, but best advice is to Format in the phone.
    You would only want to Format the card to get the full capacity as you would lose all Data or Media stored on the card.

Hope this is what you needed to know. Best of luck when you get your new phone. Neil.
    Menymo likes this.
  11. Menymo

Menymo Member

Dear Neil, thanks again, wish you Merry Xmas. Meny, from the white snowy Vilnius.
  12. nu2andy

Hi Menymo, Thanks for Xmas wishes. We look forward to plenty of sunshine and fine weather at this time of the year. Having said that, today is overcast and damp and there are disruptions to air travel from poor visibility.
    We are also getting prepared for Cyclone Evan which has devastated Samoa and done considerable damage in Fiji.
    Local news (radio) tells us the cyclone is heading for New Zealand and we don't really need one for Xmas.
    I hope New Year brings you more luck with cell phones. Cheers. Neil. :)
  13. Menymo

Menymo Member

Hello again... I received new xperia J that replace the one that worked 3 minutes before dying...:) I know you answer about u8800 but I have general question. I tried to download theme for the xperia, since in the phone the are only one theme in few colors, in few sites but it was impossible to download it to the phone. So, I download it to my pc. The question is to what folder in the phone I have to copy this themes and how to find them in the phone and install them. Thanks. Meny (my name is Meny menymo is just my user name).
  14. nu2andy

Hi Meny, I hope your new phone is trouble free.
    In anaswer to your questions, Download your Themes to your Desktop in your computer.
    Connect your phone via the USB cable to your computer. (Refer to my earlier Post about correct ways to connect and disconnect your phone to a computer).
    If you have Windows Vista/W7/W8 OS on your computer, it should recognize and load the Drivers (ADB) and a message will appear on the phone screen saying USB connected.
    Touch Turn on USB Storage on the phone screen to confirm you want to transfer files.
    You can now transfer files to your phone - Right click on your Desktop Themes Download > Send to (your SD card is shown as Mobile Disc with an Alpha reference eg, F,G, or H.)
    The Themes should be on the SD card after transfer.
    Follow the procedure to disconnect correctly from the computer. Open Notifications panel (Top of phone screen) and Turn Off USB Storage. (you will need to close all Windows screens on your comp) and use the Icon in the lower Right of the Taskbar to Safely Disconnect.

You should have a File Manager App in your phone. I use Astro File Manager (Google Playstore) it's free and the file manager will enable you to Open Themes and send to phone screen.

I trust this helps you to get your new Themes showing on the phone screen. Merry Xmas. Neil.
    Menymo likes this.
  15. Menymo

Menymo Member

Many many thanks..!!! My girlfriend Kristina and Me wishing you: Happy New Year! Meny