Can't Connect w/ USB Debugging OnSupport

Last Updated:

1. danvm

danvm Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to tether my Samsung Facinate using PDANet. The problem is that the "USB Debugging" mode must be on for PDANet to work and Windows XP and Windows 7 cannot load the proper USB driver to connect with the phone. If I turn off "USB Debugging" and the phone is set for "USB Storage" then I have no problem connecting to the phone.

What must I do to get my computers to recognize my phone so I can use PDANet?

Advertisement
  2. danvm

danvm Member This Topic's Starter

Problem solved...

It was an SUE (Stupid User Error).

Anyway, it is important to note that you do NOT need to download any drivers if all you want to do is to connect to the phone as though it were a storage device. PDANet does come with all the necessary drivers to connect to the Samsung Fascinate.

3. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member

SUE here Dan . . LOL
    Ok i am can not even get the phone to recognize on my computer in Mass Storage mode- it recognizes with Media Sync but not in Mass Storage mode- am I missing something stupid?

4. tamivroma

Ok this may be a SUE question . . . but I am assuming that I have the correct PDAnet software on my computer and that I don't need to change the computer software just changing from an Eris to a Fascinate . . . right?

5. tamivroma

Well it wasn't SUE! I did figure it out on my own!

Because it is a Samsung phone, you have to reinstall the with the new build here:
    Download PdaNet

When you run the set up wizard, you need to choose that it is a Samsung phone.

It should be noted that as I was installing the drivers that it came up and said there was a driver missing. Once I hit OK, it continued and installed another driver and then it worked perfectly.

I didn't use it but there is more information here if you are having a problem:
    http://junefabrics.com/android/driver.php

6. bill hilt

bill hilt Active Member

thanks

7. merline89

merline89 New Member

i am using lava 402 phone. I tried to connect it with laptop using usb debugging mode. I opened usb debug mode in mobile. But after connecting it to system . It is not connecting. Can anyone help in this matter.
    Thanks in advance..