• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't copy files to internal memory

sgx100

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2010
New Delhi, India
Hi Again,

Im on Galaxo 1.6.3.3 and have been facing this strange problem since a couple of days. Whenever I mount my internal 8 GB memory and try to copy files into it, the internal memory card automatically un-mounts by itself after a couple of seconds interrupting the file transfer.

This happens almost all the time.

I don't have any such issues with the external SD card.

What could be problem ?
ANy Help ?

Should reformatting the internal memory help?
Also, If I reformat the internal memory...I dont think the OS should be affected. I suppose the internal memory is just like a movable drive...with no OS files on it.

Had the same problem with galaxo and samsung's version of Donut (maybe it's Donut related? :thinking:). I didn't solve it do, instead installed Ubuntu and from there I put my files on internal SD card (windows related maybe? :thinking:). With trial and error (un-mounting) I managed to put files on it. It was weird in Windows, it always un-mounted the internal sd card in matter of seconds, while in Ubuntu didn't so fast.

Now I'm on nightly build of Froyo (from August the third) and I don't have such problems (didn't encounter them yet).

Upvote 0
Had the same problem with galaxo and samsung's version of Donut (maybe it's Donut related? :thinking:). I didn't solve it do, instead installed Ubuntu and from there I put my files on internal SD card (windows related maybe? :thinking:). With trial and error (un-mounting) I managed to put files on it. It was weird in Windows, it always un-mounted the internal sd card in matter of seconds, while in Ubuntu didn't so fast.

Now I'm on nightly build of Froyo (from August the third) and I don't have such problems (didn't encounter them yet).

Well Actually the problem occured on a Fresh installation of Froyo too
Im really clueless
I have a Ubuntu Partition...Will give it a go
But looking for some more answers ppl

Upvote 0
well if it doesn't work there is always the looong way

installing on galaxy a file manager, having a external micro sd card...
copying file on external, and with file manger cutting it in the internal card

I hope it works somehow

EDIT: you can also try this way
pull out usb cable out of you computer, disable usb debugging and enable it again, connect usb cable with PC and try again

Upvote 0
well if it doesn't work there is always the looong way

installing on galaxy a file manager, having a external micro sd card...
copying file on external, and with file manger cutting it in the internal card

I hope it works somehow

EDIT: you can also try this way
pull out usb cable out of you computer, disable usb debugging and enable it again, connect usb cable with PC and try again

Hi Lelounch,

Thats what Im upto these days.
Just installed Win 7 on the same machine...Lets see what new tantrums it throws up

Installing recovery 6.1 again killed me ... Wished there was a fool proof way :|

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones