• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't create calendar entry

I can't create a new entry in Calendar. When I long-click on a time and select New Event, it says "You must synchonize a calendar before creating a new event."

OK, so I try syncing to my Google account. But when I go into Settings in my Google account (Settings, Accounts, Google) I only see Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail. (Gmail syncing works fine.) I don't see Sync Calendars.

Furthermore when I go into the Calendar app on the Droid 2 and select More, Calendars, no calendars show up.

So I think there's something missing. I don't see a way to add the calendar to my Google account on the Droid 2.

Any suggestions?? Thanks so much.

Reactions: mxsjw
I hadn't been using Google Calendar but I noticed that there is a calendar linked to my gmail account (which is active and syncs with the phone no problem).

So I just tried putting an entry in to the Google calendar on my PC, but . It's possible that when the Droid 2 set up my Google account, it saw an empty calendar and so did not create a calendar on the phone. That's the only explanation i can think of.

Anyway, I still get the error message when trying to add an entry to the phone calendar. It seems a little weird that the phone calendar has to sync to some other calendar... on my old Blackberry i just had a local calendar there.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is in fact what I ended up doing. I tried deleting my Google account in order to re-create it, and the phone required me to do a factory reset. Then I was able to create my Google account and it found my calendar.

Now I have calendar sync working to the Droid 2 through Google Calendar Sync. But I am disappointed to find that Google does not have a Contact Sync -- at least not one that actually works. There is a beta version but it doesn't actually sync incremental updates; it only does the original batch upload. I have to purchase Sync2 or equivalent. Google does offer a sync utility to be used with Google Apps, but that doesn't help individual users like me.

- Bill.

Upvote 0
This happened to me when I first set up my Droid 2. If you go into the calendar app, hit menu>more>calendars, it should look like this....

CAP201012011110.jpg

Make sure its set up to sync and be visible like in the pic.

Hopefully this fixes your problem and you don't have to do a factory reset. =)

Edit: Oops! Just re-read the original post. Looks like you already knew that. Sorry I couldn't help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones