can't create calendar entrySupport

Last Updated:

1. billrosenblatt

billrosenblatt Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can't create a new entry in Calendar. When I long-click on a time and select New Event, it says "You must synchonize a calendar before creating a new event."

OK, so I try syncing to my Google account. But when I go into Settings in my Google account (Settings, Accounts, Google) I only see Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail. (Gmail syncing works fine.) I don't see Sync Calendars.

Furthermore when I go into the Calendar app on the Droid 2 and select More, Calendars, no calendars show up.

So I think there's something missing. I don't see a way to add the calendar to my Google account on the Droid 2.

Any suggestions?? Thanks so much.

Advertisement
    mxsjw likes this.
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Do you have a Google calendar set up? Log into your gmail account on a computer and click on the calendar tab.

3. billrosenblatt

I hadn't been using Google Calendar but I noticed that there is a calendar linked to my gmail account (which is active and syncs with the phone no problem).

So I just tried putting an entry in to the Google calendar on my PC, but . It's possible that when the Droid 2 set up my Google account, it saw an empty calendar and so did not create a calendar on the phone. That's the only explanation i can think of.

Anyway, I still get the error message when trying to add an entry to the phone calendar. It seems a little weird that the phone calendar has to sync to some other calendar... on my old Blackberry i just had a local calendar there.

4. realwirehead

realwirehead New Member

You may have to do factory data reset. Be sure to backup or make sure your have contacts backup and know your gmail address and password.

billrosenblatt likes this.
  5. billrosenblatt

Yes, this is in fact what I ended up doing. I tried deleting my Google account in order to re-create it, and the phone required me to do a factory reset. Then I was able to create my Google account and it found my calendar.

Now I have calendar sync working to the Droid 2 through Google Calendar Sync. But I am disappointed to find that Google does not have a Contact Sync -- at least not one that actually works. There is a beta version but it doesn't actually sync incremental updates; it only does the original batch upload. I have to purchase Sync2 or equivalent. Google does offer a sync utility to be used with Google Apps, but that doesn't help individual users like me.

- Bill.

6. avi_ach

avi_ach New Member

is there any way avoiding a factory reset pleaseee????

7. Saikusus

Saikusus Member

When my calender wouldn't sync, I set up another gmail account (in addition to the original one which was tied to my phone). Once I synced to both accounts, my calender allowed me to sync to my main. The other one I just deleted immediately afterwards.

8. rpack

rpack Active Member

This happened to me when I first set up my Droid 2. If you go into the calendar app, hit menu>more>calendars, it should look like this....

CAP201012011110.jpg

Make sure its set up to sync and be visible like in the pic.

Hopefully this fixes your problem and you don't have to do a factory reset. =)

Edit: Oops! Just re-read the original post. Looks like you already knew that. Sorry I couldn't help!