Can't Decide Between DInc and Samsung Fascinate

Last Updated:

1. Jinsta

Jinsta Member This Topic's Starter

I am deciding whether to buy the samsung fascinate or the droid incredible and I cant make up my mind on which one I want.

Droid Inc
    Pros-Sense UI, 8mp camera, froyo
    Cons-small size, older than the new android phones

Samsung Fascinate
    Pros-Super AMOLED, perfect size (not too big like Droid X), New?
    Cons-Bing Search Engine, Touch Wiz UI

Help me decide guys!

Advertisement
  2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

The fascinate can be used on AWD or Launcher Pro UIs instead of Touch Wiz, so those can save you from the stock UI. I however actually like Touch Wiz so I kept it, the fascinate does have a flash on the camera unlike my Captivate. If I am not mistaken it also has a front facing VGA camera, which the Incredible does not.

In the end it is a VERY VERY close decision, I think you would be happy with either phone. Go to the Verizon store and play around with the display models of each phone, and pick what you think you like best. Worst case scenario you can return it for the other phone if you don't like it.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Actually you are mistaken no front facing camera on the SF.

OP - Also right now with the BOGA offer from VZW you can buy a SF and get a DInc free. But yeah play with the in store and see if one appeals to you more than the other

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

having played with both phones (more so the dinc because a friend has one) both are great but id be inclined to go with the dinc.

the fascinate has an amazing screen but to me it felt a bit cheap. Lag was very noticeable (but can be fixed with root and the lag partion fix). The incredible felt very polished to me, but coming from a dx the screen is a bit smallish. battery life from what ive read seems to be a wash.

i think the tie breaker would be 2.2 on the dinc now, vs whenever it comes to the fascinate. although if you're into rooting and roming it d be a toss up.

5. Mdub609

Mdub609 Member

Incredible all the way.