• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't decide between these 3.

Davenc

Lurker
Nov 6, 2011
Alright, so I've had a Nokia 5230 for a while now, and i'd love to try out a high-end smartphone.
I've looked around a bit at the features, prices and the overall look of the phones and i'm now torn between 3 of them.
HTC EVO 3D (~$660)
HTC Sensation (maybe XE?) ($600)
and Samsung Galaxy S II ($600)
I've watched dozen reviews showcasing each of them, also in videos one vs the other, but still can't decide.
I often read that HTC has a better interface, is that true? Hard to tell from the videos, would need at least a couple days of using it to tell.
Is it worth it getting the 3D one? As far as i can tell, that's the only + it has, watching the 3d movies, capturing 3d pictures, videos, but it's only for myself, can't send the 3d ones to anyone, they'd be gibberish and unwatchable.
The Sensation just seems visually more pleasing to look at, although they say it has a lesser battery life.

Anyone ever had to make a choice between them?

EDIT: Or maybe even wait for the galaxy nexus?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones