Cant decide, Can you guys help me with some questions on the G1?General

Last Updated:

1. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, New guy here,. So, everyone i work with have Iphones,. they are cool, the interface, the apps, etc..

I Cant decide on the T-mobile G1 or the iphone,

the thing that really attracts me about the Iphone are the following,..

the music oriented apps, like

you can play a virtual piano,BASS<--i Play bass and guitar, synths, you name it..

MULTITOUCH!

And lastly GAMES.

Heres my next Dilemma.. SERVICE. I live up in the Poconos of PA and both T-mobile and ATT service is pretty bad,. at my home, I can only Roam even on my Verizon phone,. What I was thinking i could do is use a VOIP app to make calls from my house.

Monthly Plans.

Who is cheaper If I bought 1 phone for my Wife and 1 for me, with a "family plan"?
    the Iphone will run me like $150 bucks a month for 2 phones im hearing! YIKES!

Thats about it, I love the looks of the G1, its just my style, I like the Trackball, keyboard, etc..

the apps WILL catch up, But will they surpass the quality and usefullness of the iphone?:

thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. Yaedien

Yaedien New Member

To me, G1 is handsdown going to be a better phone, but thats my opinion :p

G1 does have wireless so you won't use minutes from my knowledge being around a wireless device as even t-mobile sells wireless routers for this, not sure if you have to have there routers or not.

App's, Well the app's are being released on a daily basis so we will be seeing a ton of new app's over the next month or so that will change alot of our opinions.

Multitouch, the phone can support it, the O/S can support it, its just not activated due to Apple.

Camera on the G1 is waaay better than the iPhone, a few guys here at the office have one and i've compared them side by side.

iPhone does have more app's out, but its been out for a while and is already in its second generation of phones. So you take that how you want to :)

3. kennyizcool

kennyizcool New Member

G1 is cheaper per month than an iPhone.

I was paying just about $160 after taxes. Now with the G1 I will be paying about $90 after taxes.

That was a BIG selling point for me.

Just my 2cents :p

4. Deathshead

thats a HUGE selling point with the wife, she heard like $160 a month for 2 iphones and said no way..

what plan do you have do your paying $90 a month on? thats a sweet plan!!

I currently have a pre-paid verizon and she has a pre-paid boost phone.
    we really dont use too many minutes but we are still getting ripped off bigtime..

i was in traffic the other day for 15 minutes, in 1 spot, there was a Left hand turn i could of made, to go around the traffic, but i didnt know where the road went.. I was like Damm, if i only had a Iphone or a G1 to find me on the map and show me where that road went...

5. Yaedien

Yaedien New Member

I am not even paying 90 a month for my phone.

I have the 300min unlimited nights/weekends with fav5 and unlimited data plan. I don't talk a whole bunch during the day, and when i am around wireless constantly so hopefully i'll be fine :)

6. Deathshead

I dont have Tmobile coverage at my home, will i be able to make calls via WIFI with the G1?

7. FlyerG

FlyerG Active Member

Well I have been a TMO customer and have 1000mins/unlimited nights and weekends and the $25 data plan all for a measily $65 plus taxes.

8. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

I haven't used it, but there's already a skype app for the g1 in the app store