Cant decide if I wanna keep it

Last Updated:

1. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I received the DI on Thursday and have been using it since but the thing is.....I dont know if I wanna keep it. I have a Moto Droid and it has been flawless (not rooted) and I am use to the way it feels and operates. I received the DI with a new every 2 upgrade I had on one of my other lines but just not sure if I wanna use a NE2 on a phone that is so much like my Moto Droid. I just wanted to get your guys opinions.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

If you are already having a hard time deciding between both of them stock, you should consider rooting your Droid to really unlock its potential. Overclocking will bring your Droid's speed and smoothness to pretty much the level of the Incredible.

If the other features the Incredible has over the Droid (more ram, better camera, large built-in storage, Sense UI) are not enough for you to definitely want to change, maybe you should wait a generation?

Darbley77 likes this.
  3. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I decided. Its boxed up and ready to go back to Fedex. Theres no point in wasting a NE2 on a phone that is really not an upgrade to my Moto Droid.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

If you take the plunge and root, even the better hardware of the Incredible doesnt make that much difference. I was always very wary of it but after taking the plunge about 6 weeks ago I'm so glad I did. It's like a new phone.

5. photog

photog Active Member

I think that's a great choice. I just used my NE2 on the Droid. My original intent was to return it and upgrade to the Incredible, but I don't see it as an upgrade.

If you hang on to your Droid you'll probably find something worth upgrading to in the next several months.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree, the Incredible really isn't an upgrade from the Droid. Not enough so to warranty an NE2 anyway. Maybe Verizon will come out with an answer to Sprint's HTC EVO by the end of the year or Q1 2011? That'd be worth springing for, in my opinion.