cant decide which rom to use

1. cyclopops

cyclopops Member

hi
    i have the 4.0.3 rom kernal ver 3.0.15-i9100xxlpq-cl223505 on my galaxy S2, which rom should i use next?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums cyclopops! :)

As there are loads of ROM's for the Galaxy S2, it is a little difficult to pick one that you would like best. It's a little like a teetotaller asking which drink they should try first. You have to try one first and use that as your base line.

It depends what you are looking for in your ROM. You can play the odds and go for one of the ROM's that are proving popular on here, such as NEAT ROM or AndyX, and then work your way from there.

If you ask 20 posters on here the same question, you'll probably get at least 10 different answers.

Here is a list of some of the current ROM's available for the SGSII...

Samsung Galaxy S II Android
  3. cyclopops

cyclopops Member

thankyou, what are your thoughts on the jellybean roms?
  4. ironass

See my details on the left. I'm still on ICS until the official Samsung firmware is released. ;)
  5. cyclopops

cyclopops Member

I have looked at both roms, but both links require me to purchase an account to download the files?
    are there any other sources that dont require this?
    cheers again
  6. ironass

I'm guessing that you didn't try the free Mirror download sites for NEAT ROM or the Free download option for AndyX.
  7. cyclopops

cyclopops Member

tried the andyx but it says i have reached my download limit, even tho i have never used it before and then redirects me to the premium purchase page.

must have missed the free mirror for neat, will check that now
    any ideas on the andyx link?
  8. ironass

AndyX Free download is working fine for me! Am d/l'ing as I type. You can only d/l one file every 60 min's on the free service though. Maybe you had an aborted attempt.

TOP TIP: Before flashing a new ROM I would advise making a nandroid, Titanium and efs file backup as described in post #2 in the, "Rooting Galaxy S2 - A Dummies Guide", if you have not already done so. These are your... Get out of jail free cards!
  9. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Check The Andy XROM Thread On Here, Kie Had SetUp A Mirror!
  10. cyclopops

cyclopops Member

i have installed the neat rom, dont now if its ok to do this, but i just installed it without a wipe etc, but all seems good, when i check phone version it says 4.0.4, and build numbr UHLPY neatrom full. kernal version 3.0.1.5-1094028