• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cant delete an empty folder

I had the same problem trying to delete a folder in the app drawer. While searching for a resolution, I came accross this thread. I didn't want to uninstall and reinstall as peytal did, but FINALLY found how to accomplish the task. To remove a folder in the app drawer, long press on the folder icon and a pencil will appear in the top right corner. Click the pencil and a menu will come up allowing you to delete the folder.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem trying to delete a folder in the app drawer. While searching for a resolution, I came accross this thread. I didn't want to uninstall and reinstall as peytal did, but FINALLY found how to accomplish the task. To remove a folder in the app drawer, long press on the folder icon and a pencil will appear in the top right corner. Click the pencil and a menu will come up allowing you to delete the folder.
I am not being able to delete one folder i created in apps section. Tried long press but it just takes it to home screen. Pls help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones