1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't delete apps by dragging it to the recycle binSupport

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran Well-Known Member

Hello Friends,
    I just got a Samsung Charge yesterday and I installed a few apps yesterday. To my chagrin, I am unable to delete any of those apps. I go to the applications bin and I click on that app and recycle bin app comes down at the bottom of the screen. The screen changes to the home screen instead of the application bin. I drag the app to the trash bin it turns red and let go. The screen remains at the home screen. I click on the applications bin and the app is still there.:mad:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Go to the market and delete it from there. Or settings > manage applications and delete from there. All you are doing is deleting a short cut to the app.
  3. salilsurendran

salilsurendran Well-Known Member

Ok. Now next question. I see several other apps that came pre-installed and I wanna remove them. Don't see them in Market.
  4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Well-Known Member

Pre-installed is different most of the time you can't remove them with out rooting the device. Check under the settings menu. But I doubt you will be able to remove them.
  5. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

This is one thing I love about go launcher, you can uninstall an app by long pressing its homescreen shortcut or its icon in the app drawer. Oems should note.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Same thing for Samsung TouchWiz. To uninstall an app, go to app drawer>menu>edit. Each app will have a (-) icon which on pressing will start uninstallation. If the OP is using TW still, it seems he's just on the homescreen. That just deletes the shortcut and not the app itself. He should do it inside the app drawer via the mentioned procedure or in the applications menu.
  7. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Go to the market and download an app call Adao UNinstaller Pro. This will let you select an app and uninstall, it's simple.
  8. ddemlong

ddemlong Well-Known Member

I have noticed on a larger item like a widget, say google search, if I merely drag the icon over the trash can it will not delete it. I need to drag the app and put the area where my finger is touching over the trashcan.
  9. kfiridan

kfiridan New Member

10. countrycoyote

countrycoyote Member

Root your phone. go to system > apps & delete the pre-installed bloatware apps you don't want or any apps for that matter.