Can't delete birthday from My Contact Card - help!Support

Last Updated:

1. darnkitty

darnkitty New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

When I go into People -> My Contact Card, my birthday is showing with the little facebook "F" there. I don't want my birthday showing (in fact I don't want anything from facebook integrating with any part of my phone).

Under Settings -> Accounts and Sync, I have facebook set to not sync.

When on My Contact Card, I click Menu -> Edit, and beside Birthday it says "Click to add". When I click the cross beside that, that entry disappears, but when I click Save, the Birthday is still present.

What do I do to get rid of it? Help!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. craggybuk

craggybuk Well-Known Member

The birthday is taken from Facebook but if your Facebook privacy is set correctly then nobody else will be able to see this information. The only reason you are seeing it is because in Facebook you will have given yourself rights to see your own birthday if that makes sense. If you dont want any FB integration on your phone, your best bet it to go into accounts and remove your facebook login credentials.

darnkitty likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Maybe this helps:

> People > Menu button > View > untag Facebook

Harry

darnkitty likes this.
  4. darnkitty

Thanks craggybuk, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, I mean I still want to use facebook on my phone, I just don't want it taking over my phone and spreading like a virus through all my other apps.

Thanks for the suggestion Harry, sadly that option is already unticked.

5. swgastro

swgastro Well-Known Member

try removing your birthday from your facebook profile... o_O

6. darnkitty

Well, that would probably work, but I don't want to actually change my facebook information, I just don't want facebook data showing in other apps.

I don't go into my phone dialler to see my birthday for the same reason that I don't go into the settings menu to order a pizza.

I did manage to kind of get around this by doing the following,

1. Removing my facebook account from the phone, and waiting for it to sync all the data off my phone
    2. Turning off the "Background data" and "Auto-sync" settings on the same screen
    3. Re-adding my facebook account.

That has the disadvantage that my google account can no longer automatically sync with my phone, but it's worth it.

7. Chris Hordley

Chris Hordley New Member

Having read this, I have deleted my facebook account from my phone.I had already changed my birthday details on facebook but this made no difference. It is a stupid bit of info to have so prominent.