• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't delete contacts out of text messages

scottdel

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
Just moved from an EVO 4G to a Galaxy S. This may sound dumb, but when I delete the threads of text messages, the contact stays in text messages and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete them. My EVO didn't have this problem.

This is a problem due to my phone being the recipient of pages from work, each server sends as a unique sender... over the course of a few weeks I'll have hundreds of contacts in text messages if I can't delete them. I've tried clearing my contact storage, I've tried deleting all threads, nothing gets rid of them. The contacts in question say SMS:0, MMS:0 so the thread was deleted, but the sender remains.. How do I clear the sender from text messages?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones