• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't delete email from Trash

Delete each message twice.

The mail app is only slightly more favorable to sliding down a gravel road bareback and landing into the ocean. I'm not sure what Google was thinking when they put *that* piece of rubbish on the phone. It might have gone something like, "screw 'em. They can use Gmail instead."

Upvote 0
I'm linked to my Hotmail account. When I delete an email via my phone, it goes into the Trash folder but I see no way to delete it from there permanently.
I've already deleted the msg from my computer three days ago.
I've also tried deleting it again from within the Trash bin and it doesn't go away. There's got to be a way!

Upvote 0
In the Email program, I can't delete messages from the Trash folder. They just reappear! How do I delete them for good? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Do you receive your email somewhere else? And does that other place delete the messages from the server when it downloads them? If that's the case, don't delete any messages on your phone. When messages are downloaded by your other program, messages will disappear from the phone.

I check my messages from three places but only my home computer deletes messages from the server. Once that happens my phones inbox is empty.

Upvote 0
You're right Zim. I noticed that if I delete an email on the server (i.e. not through my phone), then kill the email app on my phone then log back in, that email is gone from my Inbox.

The question is what about the emails that are already in my phone's Trash folder? There seems to be no way to get rid of them once they're there.
Someone said they had to delete then re-create the email account. If that's true, that's so weak.

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem. What got rid of the emails was... Open your email on your computer and phone. Send the emails from your Trash folder back to the Inbox using your phone. (This will make them reappear on your computer email.) Go to the Inbox using your phone and send them back to the Trash Folder. Go to your Trash using your computer and hit "Refresh". The emails should appear in there now. "Select All" and click "Delete Forever". Now go to the Trash using your phone (the emails will be in there still) and delete them from your Trash on your phone as well. For some odd reason this worked for me. They haven't showed up since.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones