can't delete email messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. CicilyMJ

CicilyMJ New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Droid for a few months now. I've never had a problem with my email. Recently, I received an email that I deleted, but it won't leave my inbox. I went to the verizon store and they said they've never seen it before and don't know how to fix it. Anyone else have this problem before?

Advertisement
  2. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

Yep, got one sitting in my inbox right now that I can't get rid of...haven't found a solution yet.

3. choppy

choppy Member

Me too! I've got 3 that won't go away. It's my earthlink email. Please let me know how to fix it.

4. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Try this.....Menu>View labels. Then go through everything. Each e-mail account and the spam folder. If that does not work, battery pull.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Delete it off your earthlink server. I know I have my cox account ported over and when I delete it off my cox email server it takes it off the phone.

6. IN2-H2O

IN2-H2O New Member

I've got one now and pulling the battery does nothing and neither does deleting it off my source webmail.

The email is blacked out and cannot be opened but if i go to the trash i find 2 copies of the same email. I cannot delete the first but deleting the second removes them both from the trash. The problem now is that the email stuck in my inbox has changed to whatever the next one is below the original one so as i delete them, they just shift up.

I'm going thru my entire trash and deleting everything now...

7. IN2-H2O

IN2-H2O New Member

allright I got it figured out, I deleted every email out of my trash and the email finally dosappeared from my inbox.

Too bad there's no quick way to select and "delete all" or shortcut to "empty" trash bin.

8. mailhub

mailhub New Member

This is the solution for now

Download and use another email client as it is a bug in Social Hub...

example, use K-9 mail that you find in android market ... or another

take a look here: h t t p ://ryansechrest.com/2011/12/android-email-application-bug-unable-to-delete-email-messages/

9. PhilJSmith67

PhilJSmith67 New Member

My apologies for reviving a thread from 2010.

This fix worked for me today for Exchange ActiveSync, with the default Email app, on Android KitKat 4.4.2. Thank you!!!