Can't delete favorites from call logSupport

1. milkmantims

milkmantims New Member

I can't delete favorites in the call log after the update. Any ideas on how to delete them, or better yet, not even show up as favorites? Thanks....

Advertisement
  2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

I believe you are misunderstanding what is being shown and with good reason probably as well...

On the Favorites tab found in the People app ( on ICS ), it also lists the Recently contacted contacts on the same tab but they are listed differently than a favorite would be. A favorite is listed with a larger pic than the recently contacted are listed. You can see what I mean by going into a contact and enabling the star ( upper right corner ) on that contact, then go back into the Favorites tab...

I see no way to clear the recent contact list... but for the actual Favorites you can control what it lists by enabling/disabling the star icon on each contacts main page
  3. milkmantims

milkmantims New Member

rdsok- Thanks for the clearup. I did see the difference between favorites and frequently called, but I wasn't very clear in my original post. Sorry about that. I saw how to add/remove favorites, but really I wanted to clear the frequently called list. Seems redundant to have a freq called log as well as a recently called log, and I can't figure out why you can clear one but not the other...

Seems like this was an issue a couple years ago, and was fixed by an update. I was hoping I was overlooking a simple procedure.

I did try clearing the data in manage apps>contacts>clear data, manage apps>contacts data>clear data, and manage apps>contacts sync>clear data

None of those seemed to make any difference.

That worked the last time around, but not this time.

BTW..I did do a FDR after the update, and clean installs of apps.