cant delete message

Last Updated:

1. hydroid

hydroid Member This Topic's Starter

Well so I am trying to delete a massage thread and my hero goes crazy!
    After I press delete thread the message app is unresponsive then I get an error and I can't even get online. I have to reboot in order for the phone to go online. A.d guess what the messages I wanted to delete r still there. I was using handcent I uninstalled it and went back to stock app but the problem still there. Pls help I dnt wanna do a factory reset.

Advertisement
  2. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

You really have to keep up with deleting messages, or else the phone will freeze when you try to do a mass delete. Happened to me, and I spent 2 hours the other day deleting old messages.

Try this app, it was the only way I got them all off of my phone, but I had to do only like 5 threads at a time. ;)

[​IMG]

Super SMS Quick Delete v1.15 Application for Android | Tools

3. hydroid

Thank u I will give it a try.

4. hydroid

I tried the app but no luck :( it won't delete them. And it force closes. It's only this one thread that is causing problems, I have like 1700 messages on it. I know too many but still I never thought the phone would not b able to delete them.

5. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

^ That is exactly what happened to me. I had to delete 5 messages at a time in my biggest threads, both of which had over 1000 messages.

6. hydroid

That's wat I did too. Well I'm finally done and won't let it happen again. Can anyone get technical and explain y this happens?