Can't delete mobile number for contactSupport

Last Updated:

1. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got a replacement Droid and when I sync'd back up a second mobile number showed up in the contact information for my wife. Actually, I'm not sure if it happened when I activated & sync'd the new phone or sometime later, but I just noticed it. This 2nd number is for someone I don't know. I checked all the places where it might have come from (google, work Outlook, facebook) and this number doesn't exist in any of them. The problem is I can't delete it. It shows up when I open the contact to dial, but when I try to edit contacts on the phone it doesn't show up. Any suggestions for how I can get rid of it?

Advertisement
  2. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

This happened to me too. In my case, 2 contacts with similar names were merged on device under 1 of the contact names. On device, edit contact only displayed that contact's data.

I logged on to google account via web interface, and both contacts still displayed separately there, with data as it as should be.

If you view via web interface, you may find rogue contact with that phone number and you can delete it there.