Can't delete or open an email...and my other account has deleted the inbox!Support

Last Updated:

1. 92CamaroRS

92CamaroRS New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 28, 2010
    Hi, I've had no issues with my HTC Desire untill now...

Basically I bought something off eBay and received a generic email to my hotmail account to say I'd won the auction. When I try to open in it does nothing, when I try and delete it it force closes the email program (I use the stock email program)

I went to my email account on my PC and the email isn't even on the server!

Also my other account (also hotmail) has wiped out my entire inbox! luckily it's my old email account and I don't think I had anything important in it.

I set my settings as follows a month or so ago...and havn't had any issues untill now.

Mail Size Limit : 5kb
    Frequency: 15mins
    Number of emails: 200

I also have 'delete mail on server' enabled as I was sick of having to read the same emails on my PC that I'd already read earlier in the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Sounds like the email down loaded to the phone and was wiped by the server which is why you can't see it on the server.

I had a similar problem with a dodgy mail on the Gmail app only it was a sent one. I went into the app manager and cleared the cashe and data from the Gmail app and that fixed it. Of course being Gmail it then res-ynced with the server and I got all the mails back ( apart from the dodgy one I deleted from the server). Since you have it set to delete from server you will probably loose yours forever unfortunately.
    Long term have you thought of syncing Hotmail to Gmail ( I assume it can be done) and using the Gmail app instead. That way you will not be storing any mails on the phone so cannot loose them but will not get duplicates either.