• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Delete Pics

lohryx5

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
I'm having no luck deleting some pics that I no longer need on my phone. I had previously created a new folder called Stuff using ES File Explorer where I had temporarily stashed these pics. This folder is visible when I go into the Gallery, as are folders named Camera and Messaging. Some of these stashed pics were copied from Camera and some from Messaging...so like a dummy, I have the same pics showing up in three different places.

Anyway, I finally decided today that I wanted to delete those pics. I opened the Stuff folder in the Galleray, menu selected all, then hit delete. The screen flashed momentarily, then all the images reappeared. I tried the same thing again, but no luck. I even deleted the Stuff folder while in ES File Explorer, but it still shows up when I go into the Gallery. When I opened the other folders, Camera and Messaging, when I try to delete the pictures, the Delete option is greyed out.

I have no idea why, but I then went into ES File Explorer /sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails (had to select the option to view hidden files/folders) and wondered if maybe it was just the thumbnail images which still remained. So I deleted those too. Still no luck.

What am I doing wrong. Where do I have to go, or what do I have to do, to delete this stuff permamently? Appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks.

V/R,
John

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones