Cant delete pics?Support

1. AZRobotech

AZRobotech Member

New to the forums with my first question/issue. The other day i took some pics and used one in handcent message. Now for some reason the phone isnt giving me the option to delete the photos. I hooked up to my laptop to see if I could delete it that way but cant find the pic in any folders. My device is a Note 2 on sprint network.
    Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, AZRobotech!:)

I have moved this into the Note 2 forum for further discussion, as I think that is where you will probably get the help you need.

When you click on the photo that you want to delete, do you see the trashcan icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen?
  3. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Usually you can hold your finger on a pic for a sec then a green 'tick' will appear in it, then it gives you the option to tick more pictures in that folder to delete. Also if you have memory card installed, open your camera app and go to settings, then scroll down all the way and there will be a setting called 'storage' open that and hit 'memory card' (obviously there won't be an option if you don't have a memory card installed in the phone)
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Also quickly try this, if it has a picture in there that does not allow you to delete, go to menu.app manager, look for gallery app and clear data and see if that gets rid of the picture, sometimes the pictures are kept in cache. let us know if this worked for other to know.
    YouGonaEatThat likes this.
  5. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

hey AZrobotech

i think you want to delete "instant Uploads" photos which can only be deleted via the Picassa Web album, go there delete any pics you want , and VOILA they are gone from your phone, but you must do this online on the Picassa Web album (it's a free Google album)
    AZRobotech likes this.
  6. AZRobotech

AZRobotech Member

Thanks exactly how I got rid of it. What a pain! Thanks!
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

There was a much easier way to do so, as I mentioned above, all you have to do was stop Picassa from syncing, by unchecking it in your Gmail, and then simply clear cache in the gallery and you would not have to delete anything from Picassa and all those pictures would be gone from your gallery ;)