Can't Delete Recurring Events (calendar)Support

Last Updated:

1. RPG123

RPG123 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. I'm having trouble with deleting single recurring events on my phone's calendar. Let me explain:

I teach a student every week on Wednesday, so naturally I have a recurring event set up every Wednesday at the same time, fine. Well, this week he canceled (it's Thanksgiving week) so I deleted only this week's lesson, fine. Everything is working so far as planned.

Then, to my surprise, his lesson pops up again in my calendar a couple of days later. I deleted it again. A couple of days later, and that Wednesday lesson comes up again. This happens with ALL recurring events I've tried this with.

Here's what I know:

1) It's not a problem with Google Calendar. I checked, and the deletions are actually represented perfectly on my account, just not on my phone.

2) It's not a problem with the default calendar app. I've downloaded several others, and they all have the same issue.

My conclusion:

It has something to do with the phone's handling of recurring events.

I have no idea how to go about fixing this. Does anybody else have the same issue? Anybody have ideas to fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

3. RPG123

:/ I'm glad I'm at least not alone in this issue, though I would love to be able to fix this....

4. RPG123

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to update my situation.

Just like Endoran had mentioned, this was in fact a problem with the apps I was using. The default app had this issue. A calendar app called Gemini had this issue.

Fortunately, the app "Business Calendar" fixed this issue. I still don't know the particulars of what caused this issue, but I did end up finding an app that works.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Business Calendar does indeed look slick. Can't wait for it to be finished and come out of beta.

I looked at Gemini but liked Jorte better.