1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

cant delete text messages.Support

1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member

so im a pretty private guy and i hate when my girl reads my texts i send and recive. with old phones id just delete my messages. but with my hero i cant delete messages in chompSMS nor the normal messagner app. ill hold down my finger and press delete and it just doesnt delete anything and most of the time crashes my phone and i have to reset my phone. this is VERY annoying because when she grabs my phone i have to fight to get my phone back so she doesnt see any of my texts that i CANT delete ! helppp !

Advertisement
    :
  2. UsedRomantic

UsedRomantic Member

You aren't the only one with this problem. I am unable to delete any messages as well, but I'm using HandCent...I don't know what the deal is. I've been googling for answers like crazy.
  3. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

I have couple weeks old Hero, with original 1.5 ROM, no custom's...
    Using Handcent... Tried now, deleted messages with no issues...

Do you maybe have something customized on Hero, or maybe problem is in some settings, don't know...
  4. Warrior 3000

no cusomized hero or anything. fromt he time i got my hero i never deleted my texts. i think the most i have from one person is like 3,800 or something...my phone just explodes right when i press delete. haha
  5. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

wow!

I'm erasing them regularly, but just to have it clean, not because your reasons - I'm married :)

Are you trying to erase messages or threads? Try to erase complete thread from someone...
    Or when in handcent sms (sorry, this is the one I use), in thread view when I press menu I have "Delete threads" option.... This deletes ALL threads...

Maybe you can install HandCent sms and try with that?

Regards,
    Ivo
  6. Warrior 3000

well i use chompSMS and ill go to the app and it will show who texted me and such....lets say i see a thread under bob...ill hold down on bob and press delete messages....the phone will just do nothing and just start acting up and then i normally cant go back into my texts and ill have to reset my phone.
  7. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

don't know...
    try to install HandCent sms and to delete sms's with it...
    then if it is ok uninstall it, or try to reinstall chompsms :D
  8. Warrior 3000

well ill go into the normal messenger app and try to delete the messages and the same crap happens.
  9. jkuespert

jkuespert New Member

Had the same problem on my daughters Hero. She had thousands of text messages which simply would not delete. Interestingly enought, her ROM (internal) memory was very low (< 30 MB) and persisting across numerous reboots. Ultimately we slicked the device to factory to clean it up. Without having the chance to really troubleshoot, I am left wondering if the device simply didn't have sufficient resources at that point to process the deletions?! Just a random observation..
  10. petefoth

petefoth Well-Known Member

11. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

12. petefoth

petefoth Well-Known Member

Ooops! Lucky James has put me right!
  13. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest

So are you saying that when in 'ALL MESSAGES' pressing MENU and then selecting DELETE then pressing MENU again and selecting 'delete all threads' doesnt work?
  14. jpihlblad

jpihlblad New Member

I'm having trouble removing any SMS messages on my Hero. I've tried using the default Messaging App, chompSMS, handDecent and some app on the market (Quick Delete SMS). I'm unable to delete any threads, only individual SMS.

Since I've had the phone for a few months, some of the threads are rather large and could be bogging my phone a bit.

It's starting to bug me because my phone is getting cluttered with a ton of new threads and there's nothing I can do about it, and I don't really want to individually delete the few thousand I have just sitting there one by one.

Any help? Thanks!
  15. jpihlblad

jpihlblad New Member

Yeah, I went over those before I posted this, their options didn't work either. :(
  16. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

Did you try in chompSMS when in some thread??
    I'm looking for possibilities now so I'm asking...

Go in chompSMS, then in some thread. when in thread press menu button and then delete...
    Then you get a warning "The entire conversation will be deleted"...
  17. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Threads merged
  18. MSK01

MSK01 New Member

I'm having the same problem, only I'm using Handcent. I think I'm going to go with one of the others and see if it works.
  19. james

james Well-Known Member

I gave up trying to delete them ages ago. I'm just waiting for the 2.1 update, once that comes out all messages and stuff will be wiped anyway.. until then I'm having to put up with the lag :(
  20. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

ok, but this is not the solution, hehe...
  21. Warrior 3000

i got rid of chompSMS and moved to handcent because i find it better but i STILL cant delete text message. i have over like 3000 texts from my ex girlfriend that i want to delete !!!!! its just wayyyy to much !
  22. Jesseca

Jesseca New Member

I have only had my Hero for a couple weeks and the largest thread I'm trying to delete is still only like 206 messages and it freezes up when I try to delete it. I even tried uninstalling Handcent and then trying to delete the thread from the standard messaging system and it still froze. I also downloaded the SMS Quick Delete and I think my phone froze again, unless it's supposed to take over 10 minutes for it to delete 200ish text.
  23. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

i just tried to delete a thread of 400ish sms through handcent and it all went blank screen and crashed but after about a 30sec-1min averything was ok and the thread was deleted, so maybe it just takes ages to delete that many sms