Can't disable camera button.

Last Updated:

1. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Strange thing happened. When I try to disable the cammera button ( Galaxo+ settings ) it doesn't work. In fact all it will do is force close on me. Everything else in 1.6.3.3 seems to be behaving quite well for me, even taking pictures. Haven't had the pixelated or no image thing at all. Is there something I am missing that I could try ?

Advertisement
  2. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Oh Im glad that Im not the only one :p
    I didnt want to bother people with a new thread.
    I managed to install latest galaxo, and problem is: I cant disable camera button in galaxo parameters (or I dont know). I can access service, but when i touch disable cam, it gets freezed and after 30-45 sec with a "app doesnt respond" with [wait] and [force shut] options. I reinstalled firmware, did wipe and factory reset, nothing worked. Any idea?

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Well, I found that tapping the icon like a madman would get the superuser prompt to appear. Also, if it hangs on you and you can select "wait", select it and it should work. The phone will have to reboot if I remember correctly.

Good luck to both of you.

4. weasel

I'll give it a try D, but the problem I have is EXACTLY as Kamala describes. Waiting hasn't worked so far. I'll do the Ninja tap on it. I'll report if it works !!

5. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Didnt help, the thing is when I touch disable button, it asks for Superuser premission, which I allowed. After that Im waiting, and waiting and nothing happens.. I ve been waiting for 6 minutes:)

6. weasel

I don't even get the Superuser request ( probably because I already did for something in that app ... ) Ninja tap didn't work at all.

Kamala: Do you have Titanium backup ? Just wondering because yesterday I got a force close request from it. I waited and all seemed to go back to normal. Curious to see if its interfering somehow ...

7. weasel

Went into the Superuser settings and told it to forget the camera disable. End result still the same. Can't disable and I get a force close :-(

8. DaSchmarotzer

I don't know what to tell you guys, Ninja tap is working great for me (and it really seems like a stupid solution).

I'd suggest wipe and applying the updates again, just like with every issue that seems weird.

9. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Did that already... twice. Not working. And I dont have titanium back up:) I think that I ll go back to JC6, worked good, even better with battery usage. Should I just do it with Odin?

10. DaSchmarotzer

Yes, but it will also erase the recovery.

11. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

So, whats your suggestion?:)

12. DaSchmarotzer

I don't really know, is it even possible to deactivate the camera button without using Galaxo+? Because using Odin would simply change the firmware, not really related to the fact that you want to turn off the camera button.

Do you really need to deactivate it?

13. Povester

Povester Active Member

I was having this issue, ninja tapped the disable button in Galaxo, and like you kept getting errors. After like a minute doing this I restarted the phone and it had disabled the camera. As someone else mentioned, I think the restart is the essential step if you are not doing that?

14. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Well, I have problems with my cam button, it gets stuck when you press, and disable rest of the buttons (call and home). Thats why I need to disable it.
    But Im thinking about switching from Galaxo 1.6.3.3. cause Im not happy with battery lifetime. Whats procedure, I flash with Odin like usual, doesnt matter cause I have installed Galaxo?
    Anyway, thanks for your time DaSchmarotzer

15. weasel

Flash with Odin and go !!

Now that said, I got my button disabled !!! Not quite sure how it happened, there some phone re-boots while I was doing stuff. One thing I did do that I don't really think did anything was to finish the install of TiBackup. I had downloaded the app, but done nothing else. I did the first run and it wanted to check for newest version of BusyBox. So I did that, backed up my phone and re-booted. I tried the cam disable after that and it worked. No Ninja required.