Can't Dismiss Calendar EventSupport

Last Updated:

1. jmadero

jmadero Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I recently went in and did a manual check/update for the HTC software on my Evo3d and now I have a really annoying problem with the calendar.

My issue is that I am unable to dismiss calendar events on the HTC Ring Lock Screen. M-F I have a calendar event from 6am - 3:30 pm for work so all day the calendar event shows when I turn on my phone screen. The issue with this is I then can't access the four "shortcuts" that I use on my ring lock screen, all of which I use often.

Any ideas? This is the first real "bug" I've seen with this phone

Advertisement
  2. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

So when you turn on the screen, the calendar event is blocking the apps out? Or do they not come on when you pull them into the ring?
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. jmadero

Blocking them out, then when I "dismiss" the event it just goes to my home screen, not the ring lock with the 4 apps I've set there
  4. jmadero

This is still a problem for me. Now one else is seeing this? It's incredibly annoying that I can't dismiss calendar events on the ring lock screen. I did a full factory reset yesterday, thought it had fixed it and now I'm back to having problems......
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Did you try clearing the data on both the lockscreen that you are using and the calendar app?

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > then find calendar > Clear Data

Repeat for lockscreen.

And no, I don't see this because I use widgetlocker. I just get a notification in my notification bar when I have a calendar event.
  6. jmadero

Thanks for the advice, did it and still have the problem.Did find a quasi workaround, if I "sleep" the event instead of "dismiss", the problem is solved....I guess that's good enough